Straighten Your Child’s Teeth for Proper Development.
We are committed to a long-term relationship with your child, the healthy development of their teeth, as well as their total physical, psychological, and emotional well-being. Children’s orthodontics at our Ala Moana dental office provide your child braces options that solve their corrective treatment issues and that fit their active lifestyle.
Protect and correct your child’s early tooth development
Preventive orthodontics treats the common problems of your child’s bite. The treatment prevents tooth crowding and intercepts the crooked development of their permanent teeth.
Six months is the typical length of treatment. The amount of time involved depends on the severity of your child’s bite issues and the correction needed.
- Eliminate your child’s problems associated with thumb sucking or pacifier usage
- Correct your child’s bite or crooked teeth issues
- Enhance your child’s smile and facial appearance
Dependable, go-to orthodontic treatment that improves the health of your child’s teeth
Traditional braces treatment corrects your child’s crooked and misaligned teeth. Orthodontic braces gently move your child’s teeth into proper position over a time frame of approximately 18 to 24 months but may take longer for more complex cases.
- Metal braces use brackets and wires to gradually shift your child’s teeth into proper position.
- Ceramic braces return your child’s teeth to the correct alignment with less visibility than metal braces.
Lifestyle enhancing orthodontic treatment
- Invisalign® clear aligners gradually straighten your child’s tooth alignment issues. The treatment uses sets of clear plastic aligners that are removable and customized to fit your child’s teeth.
- Invisalign® is non-invasive and generally more comfortable than traditional metal or ceramic braces. Your child’s clear aligners can be worn for approximately two weeks before switching to their next customized set.
- 3 out of 4 of our children’s orthodontic patients choose Invisalign®. Your child’s Invisalign® treatment typically lasts from 12 to 24 months and saves your time with less in-office appointments than standard braces treatment.